Hard drive is nothing but a magnetic disk on which you are able to store the computer data. The word hard can be used to differentiate it from the soft, or floppy, disk. Hard drives are used in order to hold the more data and therefore are faster than floppy disks. A hard disk drive, for instance, can store anywhere from 10 to more than 100 gigabytes, whereas the majority of the floppies have a maximum storage capacity of 1.4 megabytes. Hard disks are occasionally known as Winchester drives; Winchester may be the name of the popular hard disk drive technologies developed by IBM.
Sometimes, you might lose the data from the hard disk because of accidental formatting or improper formatting. But, you don’t have to worry as you can easily recover the data lost with the aid of data recovery software. Now, let’s discuss about some data loss scenarios on hard disks. They are highlighted below:
1. Due to error in the file system conversion: The errors which occur during the file system conversion may be the other reason that is accountable for the data loss in the hard disks.
2. Due to third party tool: Improper third party tool can also be one of the reasons which are responsible for the data loss in hard disk drive.
3. Due to improper formatting, you may lose the data: The data could be deleted or lost from the hard disk because of improper formatting or reformatting procedure i.e. formatting or reformatting the hard drive without proper data backup. The up gradation of the OS in the absence of data backup will lead to data loss in hard disk.
4. Due to crashed hard disk drive: Whenever you’re hard disk crashes or boot improperly because of any reason, then the data that is stored in the hard drive becomes inaccessible.
5. Due to partition conversion: The data from the hard disk drive might be lost while converting a partition from basic to dynamic or vice-versa.
6. Due to some unexpected conditions: Sudden power failure or forcibly turning off the system while the data transfer process is in progress might lose the data in the hard disk drive.
For those who have lost the data from the hard drive can follow some precautions in order to avoid the data loss .i.e. you should stop using the hard disk further, just after the data loss is experienced. This action ensures that the data lost won’t get overwritten with new contents. Because once the lost data gets overwritten it can not be recovered by any data recovery tool.
With the aid of hard disk data recovery software, you can restore the deleted or lost data from the formatted /reformatted external hard disk drives. It also restores the data deleted because of re-installation of Windows OS. This tool also supports the data retrieval on the hard disks like Fujitsu, Maxtor, Samsung, Western digital and Toshiba. You can download this tool for the recovery results.