MS Outlook is the most popular application that serves as an email client on Windows operating systems. Outlook provides the users with outstanding options that are user-friendly. One can simply access the mail account details of Outlook profile in offline mode i.e. with no network connection. It stores attribute like emails, contacts, tasks, journals, calendars, etc on a single PST file.
Outlook data gets stored on the system hard drive with file extension .pst or .ost i.e. Personal Storage Table and Offline Storage Table. Outlook PST file may get corrupt due to various reasons. An inbox repair tool known as scanpst.exe is used for fixing corrupted PST file in Microsoft Outlook. But, sometimes Inbox repair tool fails to repair Outlook PST file. In such circumstances, you can fix damaged or corrupted PST file with the help of Fix PST software.
Reasons behind the corruption of Outlook PST file:
Virus Attack: Mainly PST file may get corrupted due to the severe virus or malware effects that enter into the system via different sources. As a result, these viruses make your PST file inaccessible.
Storage Device Failure: If PST file is saved on bad sectors of a hard drive, the entire or some PST file may get corrupted or inaccessible. Usually, bad sectors are formed due to the presence of severe virus and malware on your hard drive.
Improper Closing of Outlook: While you are accessing any PST file on Outlook due to power failure or sudden system shutdown, your Outlook terminates improperly. As a result, your PST file may get inaccessible.
Usage over Network: Usage of MS Outlook PST file over a network by multiple users at a time may results in corruption due to interruptions. Interruption occurs due to either system conflicts or problem with network connection.
Other Reasons: There are many other reasons behind corruption or damaged of PST file such as compacting of PST file, usage of PST file over a network, Outlook up-gradation, oversized PST file, improper recovery, due to operating large emails at a time, etc.
Some of the precautionary measures to be taken to avoid corruption of PST file:
- After the completion of work, close your Outlook profile properly.
- Updated Antivirus software must be used on the PST file containing important data to avoid virus attack.
- Always keep proper backup of PST.
Features of Fix PST software:
- It fixes PST file errors on all versions of Microsoft Outlook like 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000.
- Fix PST software is compatible to repair PST file on all versions of Windows such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, etc.
- This software easily repairs and recovers all attributes of the OST file including contacts, emails, tasks, calendar, journals, etc.
- One of the unique features of this tool is that it has Preview option which allows the users to view the repaired PST file items. If users are satisfied with the repaired results then they can activate the software with its full version.